These terms and conditions apply to the use of this website. In using this website, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, you must refrain from using the website.
In these terms and conditions of the Website Disclaimer, the expressions “we”, “us” and “our” are a reference to the Human Rights Commission of Malaysia (‘SUHAKAM‘). “You” or “user” refers to either guests to the website or member.
Amendment To Terms And Conditions
We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time, without prior notice. The amendments will be effective immediately upon being posted on the website. Your use of the website will represent an agreement by you to be bound by the terms and conditions as amended.
- SUHAKAM is the owner of SUHAKAM’s website.
- The content of SUHAKAM’s website is provided for information purposes only. Use of the information and data (in whatever form) contained on this website is at the user’s sole risk.
- Information and data received from individuals that are posted by SUHAKAM on this website should not be regarded as endorsement or support by SUHAKAM of the views or opinions expressed therein.
- While SUHAKAM makes every effort to present accurate and reliable information on this site, SUHAKAM makes no representations, express or implied, as to the accuracy of the information and data contained on this website. If you rely on the information on this website, you are responsible for ensuring its accuracy, currency or completeness by independent verification.
- SUHAKAM accepts no liability for any loss or damage, however caused (including through negligence) which you may directly or indirectly suffer in connection with your use of this website or any linked website, nor do we accept any responsibility for any loss arising from the use of the information and data contained in this website or reliance placed on it (including any translation thereof).
- SUHAKAM shall not be held liable for any republication of the information or data contained in this website.
- SUHAKAM accepts no liability for any interference with or damage to a user’s computer, software or data occurring in connection with or relating to this website or its use or any site linked to this website.
- SUHAKAM assumes no responsibility for any disruptions to its website however caused.
- SUHAKAM accepts no responsibility for messages on E-cards sent by users or members and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising therefrom.
- SUHAKAM does not warrant that it will respond to e-mail inquiries sent by users.
- SUHAKAM reserves the right to modify this website. Modifications will be posted on the website, and users are deemed to be apprised of and bound by any changes to the website.
- You agree that SUHAKAM shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Website.
Copyright in this website (including text, graphics, logos, icons and sound recordings) is owned or licensed by us. Apart from the purposes allowed under the Copyright Act 1987 (Act 332), you may not in any form or by any means:
- adapt, reproduce, store, distribute, display, publish or create derivative works from any part of this website;
- commercialise any information, products or services obtained from any part of this website;
without our permission.
- In order to be able to post information in the discussion forum, you must become a member.
- To become a member, you must complete your registration details in the manner described on the website. We reserve the right to terminate your membership at any time, without having to afford reasons for termination.
- Breach of any of these terms and conditions entitles SUHAKAM to automatically terminate your membership.
Members’ Terms And Conditions
By registering as a member, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the website disclaimer and to the following terms:
- Members agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information of themselves as prompted by SUHAKAM’s registration form. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current and incomplete, or SUHAKAM has reasonable grounds to suspect such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, SUHAKAM has the right to suspend or terminate your membership and refuse any and all current or future use of the website (or any part thereof);
- Members will receive a password and account designation upon completing the registration process. Members are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their password and account details. SUHAKAM recommends that you not divulge your password or account details to anyone, as you are fully responsible for any activities undertaken through the use of your password and account;
- Members may submit information and data of whatever form (here after referred to as “materials”) to be posted on the website. Members acknowledge that any material submitted to the discussion forum is and will be treated by SUHAKAM as non-confidential and non-proprietary and SUHAKAM may use such material without restriction;
- Members agree that any material posted by them in the discussion forum may be read by other members or users;
- Any material which members post may be removed by SUHAKAM from the discussion forum without notice at any time;
- Members agree not to misuse the website to upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available any materials that are unlawful, offensive, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, racially or ethnically objectionable;
- Members agree not to upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available any materials that infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
- Members agree not to upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available any materials that contain software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment and the website;
- Members agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell trade, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, materials contained in the website either wholly or any portion thereof.
- All information provided by SUHAKAM in our discussion forum is provided in good faith and for general information purposes.
- SUHAKAM does not make any representations or warranties that the materials we provide in the discussion forum is reliable, accurate or complete or that members access to the discussion forum will be uninterrupted, timely or secure. Members must make independent inquiries before acting on the materials, which appear in the discussion forum.
- SUHAKAM does not warrant that it will respond to questions or comments submitted by members to the discussion forum.
- SUHAKAM does not warrant that any material submitted to the discussion forum will be protected against loss, misuse or alteration by third parties.
- SUHAKAM reserves the right to refuse to post material submitted by members. If SUHAKAM elects in its sole discretion to post the material in the discussion forum, SUHAKAM does not warrant that the material submitted will be posted within a certain timeframe.
- SUHAKAM reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the discussion forum with or without notice.
- We collect your personal information when you, the ‘user‘ registers as a member or visits the website. SUHAKAM automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address and the pages visited.
- We will preserve the confidentiality of information collected or provided to us to the best of our abilities, however, we cannot guarantee the security of transmission.
- We will not disclose your personal information to any external organization or individual unless we have your consent or we are legally required by subpoena, warrant or other legal process that SUHAKAM finds, on its sole discretion, to be valid and enforceable.
- We may use “cookies” to enable you to navigate through the restricted area of the website. In order to improve our site and to serve you better, we use “cookies” to track your visit and facilitate your movements within our site. A cookie is a small amount of data that is stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. A cookie does not identify you personally but it does identify your computer. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie and this will provide you with an opportunity to either accept or reject it in each instance.
- We may use your personal information to invite you to participate in research or any activities, which we think might be interest to you.
- SUHAKAM reserves the right at any time and from time to time to amend this policy without prior notice. Amendments will be posted on the website, and users are deemed to be apprised of and bound by the amendments.
This website contain links to other websites. Those links are provided for convenience only and may not remain current and maintained. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices associated with linked websites.
Our links with linked websites should not be construed as an endorsement, approval or recommendation by us of the owners or operators of those linked websites, or of any information, graphics, materials, products or services referred to or contained on those linked websites, unless and to the extent stipulated to the contrary.
Termination Of Access
Access to this website may be terminated at any time by us without notice. Our disclaimer will nevertheless survive any such termination.
These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of Malaysia.